Monday, November 14, 2011

One Day at a Time


In my previous post I wrote that no one had reacted negatively to one of my posts. Well, you can scratch that from the record. I did this piece in front of Memere, my grandma's, house. I based it on a song that she sings constantly. Listen to her sing it.

I've made Memere plenty of art in the past that she's loved, and I knew she would just adore this pic of a baby and her favorite colloquialism. Some of her neighbors gathered around, thoroughly enjoying watching the work progress. But not Memere. She couldn't quite wrap her head around why I was drawing on her sidewalk, and did not like the thought of inconveniencing passersby having to walk around the work. "Get rid of it! I hate it", she proclaimed.

I spent the next morning repeatedly dumping buckets of water and sweeping until all evidence of baby had been aborted from the sidewalk.

Maybe I'll frame her a photo of the drawing? She might like that better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home