underpass
It was a rainy day, but I had set time aside to draw. Hmmm.
I decided to just go hit an underpass I like in the Broad Ripple area.
At first I wanted all these drawings to be out in high traffic, public areas. However, lately I've been thinking about making a few personal pieces as well. Having developed this blog idea gives the work a public forum anyway, regardless of whether anyone ever even sees the actual work in person.
The underpass has quite an extensive history of graffiti which is in constant evolution. None of it is really that amazing though. So I like the fact that someone was likely to stumble across this detailed work, and then discover it was made merely in chalk.
You can see as the piece developed, it began interacting more and more with its surroundings, especially the graffiti that was already present.
Think I'll do more in this style...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home