Sunday, December 4, 2011

Catch 22

I grew up around the corner from Butler University. They have a beautiful campus, some of the prettiest topography in the city. Whenever I'd go for a walk or bike ride, I'd inevitably head towards the campus, whether to wander around the schools grounds, or hit the trails behind the canal. Often I'd go to hidden lake, which has since been found and turned into a sculpture park. Here is a smaller pond by the observatory. The fish that they put in here have nothing trying to eat them, so they are about 2 1/2 feet long! 


This was on my mind as a climbed the stairs to the bell tower late one night.


And did a piece right underneath.
The sound of the bell tower, it's songs on weekends
and marking of the hours are part of the soundtrack
to my childhood.


It was a bit transcendental a place to be working.
I did get lost in the work for a while. When I took out my camera 
I saw that its batteries had died before I got to snap any pics. 
So I walked over to my parents and borrowed on a my dad's. which had 
just enough juice to take these before it went kaput as well.


I've really enjoyed this project...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home